Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's finally over!

I had a yard sale to help take care of some of Mom's stuff, well, Steve's stuff for Mom, and it's finally over. My garage isn't exactly empty, but you can walk around in it now, the people are gone, the "will you take 70 cents for this?" is over, and I can finally quit worrying about it. It's just a yard sale, but it's astounding how much time it takes! The kids wanted to have a lemonade stand, which was a great idea, and we thought cookies would be a good idea, too. I think they only sold about 10 cups of lemonade, but they sold out all the cookies! They even had people coming back for seconds, and one person wanted a recipe. It was a good day, all things considered, and now my arms and knees have a nice tan.
Photobucket

4 comments:

Sarah said...

You know I saw some posters with your street on them adn thought it looked like your writing! So..did you make a million dollars?
They are a lot of work....

Eliza said...

I made a few dollars, my mom made a lot, but most important, we got rid of about half the stuff we had out there. Yeah!!! That's hilarious you recognized my writing!

Miriam said...

HEHE!! I used to always love doing those!! I bet that was a big help to mom!!

Lisa said...

Is that Shelia with long hair??? Doesn't feel so good to be done with Garage sales. I just wrote our primary progrma is you want a copy!!!!