Monday, July 7, 2008

Fireworks, Food and Family

I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend! We had a crazy busy weekend, down in Utah with Kimmie and my mom, and then in Rigby for my niece's blessing. We left for Kimmie’s Thursday afternoon, and went to roast hot dogs up Provo Canyon.
Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh what a beautiful morning!

We got up so early, after a really late night, so we could go see the balloon launch. It was so beautiful, but I’m afraid we were all a little too tired to appreciate it.
Photobucket


Then we headed over to University Avenue for the parade, where we all got a little sun and had some breakfast.
Photobucket

Photobucket


After we all took a nice long nap, we went over to Kimmie’s library where we watched “The Court Jester” in their media room. It was so nicely air conditioned, and the screen was big, the perfect way to spend the afternoon.
Photobucket


That night we had a picnic and watched the fireworks at a park near Cougar Stadium, played bocce, Mom read, and we all just took it easy. Zach tried juggling with the bocce balls, and gave himself a black eye.
Photobucket


The next morning, Kimmie, Mom and I went down to Salem and Santequin to the cemetaries where some of her relatives are buried, and we went to the pond where she’d play with her cousins when she was little. We also got to see the house where her grandmother lived.

Photobucket

Photobucket


Sunday morning, we were able to go to Rigby for Macy’s blessing. Photobucket

By the time we got home from that, we were all completely worn out! We had so much fun, ate so much good food, spent so much time in the sun, it was time for a really really long nap.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So, I was at that very same parade!! Too bad we missed you. Austin's favorite part was the star wars guys at the beginning. How fun for you to go with your mom!

Miriam said...

hey your on here!!! fun!! those are fun pics!! looks like you guys had a really good weekend! hope your doing good!!

Ryan, Shayndel, & Kids said...

Hey Liza,

I noticed the link for your blog on Sarah's. I hope you don't mind me peeking! I loved seeing all the pictures of you guys & hearing what you're up to. I never did send any of Major--I just realized that when I saw your post. Still can if you want 'em...I'm an airhead. Anyhow--you are so fun! I love your cute family, wish we saw more of you though.